MOROCCO ACROBATICS CONVENTION and optional CARAVAN ACRO TOUR
Convention Dates: April 20 to 27, 2019
Caravan Tour Dates: April 27th to May 5, 2019
Join for one week or two!
WEEK ONE = Marrakech, Morocco | Starts at just 475 euros!
WEEK TWO = Tour of the Atlas mountains and Sahara desert | Starting at 575 Euros
Prices go up after March 1, 2019
MOROCCO ACROBATICS CONVENTION
Join us for a week of Acrobatics, Handstand training, AcroYoga, Flying Therapeutics, and Thai massage in the exotic city of Marrakech.
This will be a gathering of amazing people who want to train, play, and have fun!
All levels are welcome and no partner needed.
~ Det Rijven and Jim Klinkhamer (NL)
~ YogaSlackers Sam Salwei and Raquel Hernández-Cruz(USA)
~ Jacob Handwerker (USA) and more to come!
WHAT’S INCLUDED WITH THE CONVENTION?
7 nights at the villa “The Place”
* Large pool that is perfect for standing acrobatics
* Access to 6 short slacklines between olive trees
* PLUS 2 long lines (75 & 100 ft)
* 24 hour access to Hammam
3 delicious vegetarian meals per day
* Vegan and gluten free options available
3 Daily Acrobatics Workshops for all levels
* Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced)
* Standing Acrobatics
* Dutch Acrobatics
* Duo Balance or Slackro (Acrobatics Inspired by Slacklining)
In addition to daily classes:
* Morning Yoga Classes
* Slackline Yoga Classes
* Daily Handstand Training time
* Acro Therapeutics and/or Thai Massage
* Jamming time
Authentic local Berber concert
* Check out this link to hear the band:
* Almond Butter, Wild Honey, and Argan oil tasting bar
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
* Group transportation from and to the Marrakech (RAK) airport.
* Optional day trip to the Atlas mountains on our rest day. Visit traditional Berber villages, have a farm to table picnic lunch, and relax in some of the most beautiful countryside in Morocco. Cost: 35 Euros per person. A trip like this would normally cost 100+ euros per person if booking with a tour group in Marrakech.
ABOUT THE LOCATION “THE PLACE”
The venue is located less than 30 minutes from the Medina (city-center). Escape the hussle and bussle of Marrakech in this magnificent atmosphere. Mountains views and fresh air.
The venue is like a Moroccan palace. Large rooms with en suite bathrooms.
Register by March 1st and get the early bird prices.
Secure your space with a non-refundable deposit of 200 euros.
PRICING AND ACCOMMODATIONS
* Camping: 475 euros (bring all your own gear) | 575 euros after March 1, 2019
* Quad Room: 600 euros (mixed men and women) | 850 euros after March 1, 2019
* Triple Room: 675 euros | 925 euros after March 1, 2019
* Double Room: 775 euros | 1025 euros after March 1, 2019
CAN’T MAKE THE ENTIRE EVENT?
Come for the last 3 days!
Arrive on Wednesday the 24th and stay through Saturday.
Partial registration is only available with the camping option.
Cost: 250 Euros until March 1st, 300 Euros after
Want to Drop in For a Day?
It’s possible. Please contact us for details and availability.
Day rate: 75 euros includes all workshops plus lunch and dinner.
Post Convention Caravan Tour of the Atlas Mountains and Sahara desert!
Dates: April 27th to 5th
This trip will take you over the Atlas mountains and into the deep southeast of Morocco. We will explore the Sahara desert. Travel with a group of Acro friends. The schedule for this week will be an organic creation depending on people’s interest, energy, weather, and more.
Sam, Raquel, and Jacob are excited to take a trip to Sahara desert, and we thought you might like to join us too! So here it is opportunity to have an authentic week experiencing real Berber culture and life in Morocco. You are invited to explore with us, do some yoga, acro and maybe some random slacklining.
The trip will be begin on Saturday after lunch. We will head south over the Atlas mountains to the timeless Berber village named Tisselday. Irocha, our home for the nights of the 27, 28, and 29th, is a gorgeous home perched on a hill overlooking the river valley.
My personal friend, Ahmed, was born in this village and built Irocha from the ground up. He has created a really special space and I know you will love it. The earthen walls provide a deep sense of calm and peace. See www.irocha.com for more details.
Spending three nights in this tranquil valley will lets us rest and recharge. Possible activities include: yoga, hiking, exploring the nearby villages, visiting an ancient Kasbah on the hilltop overlooking the valley, cold water submersion training in the pool, hammam sessions, and more.
On the morning of the 30th we will set off and head south towards the Sahara desert. Ahmed will be our personal tour guide as we tour the south of Morocco.
The exact details for this period are still being worked out but will likely include:
* exploring cultural sites,
* maybe riding a camel,
* Acro photo shoots,
* delicious food,
* laughs, and community spirit.
This week will be co-created by all of us and is bound to be a good time. Our route will definitely include Zagora, Ouarzazate, and the Draa Valley.
Be open to random adventures!
We will return to Irocha on the 4th of May. Plan to fly out of Marrakech from the 5th onward.
575 Euros by March 1st, 675 Euros after
* 8 nights lodging
* All meals
* Transportation during the event
* Hikes, exploring the desert