Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Christopher Filkins
    Participant

https://www.acropedia.org/events/acrolove-festival/

There appears to be ways to share these events within other social media platforms but not within this one.

Please advise.

Also are their points to be rewarded for helping with debugging and feature issues through the beta program?

Brian Cruikshank
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

There are share buttons at the bottom of the event page. You can also copy and paste the url into any social media platform.

Right now though, since the site is still in beta and not on the root domain, I would like to discourage any sharing.

You get points for posting forum topics and replies so in a sense yes. I don’t have anything else in place at the moment. If you have any ideas, by all means. Please share. 😀

Christopher Filkins
    Participant

Just saw this now. I must have not said this correctly. I know I can share within other social media platforms but there doesn’t seem to be any simple way to share within THIS platform. Since this is a social media platform I am looking for a way to share within the platform.

Brian Cruikshank
    Keymaster

Yeah. Other than copying and pasting the URL, you are right. Something maybe for the future.

Event RSVPs would be nice too, but don’t have anything for that yet.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Micki Mooney
    Participant

So at this point, to share a Facebook event on this page we still need to fill out the entire form?

Brian Cruikshank
    Keymaster

Yes, at this point there is no auto-import from Facebook. You’ll have to recreate the event.

Patrick Michaels
    Participant

I wonder if there would be a good way to do a recurring event? I just created a couple weeks worth of events, but if there is a weekly class or jam, it makes sense to allow it to auto repeat, and a way to delete a future event for a single date such as for holidays.

I say auto repeat but not just change the date…. let it show up to 12+ weeks of the event?
    That way if you do include RSVP’s people can do it for a specific event. . . But allow people to subscribe to a recurring event?

Subscribe…. auto RSVP? or sent you a note to remind you to rsvp… marking you automatically as “interested” like facebook now does there maybe’s this way you can follow, and not have to do anything. You get reminders as people post on the event…. if you allow comments on the events like facebook does. (an event becomes a discussion topic?)

Christopher Filkins
    Participant

This is a splendid idea!

Brian Cruikshank
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback.

We can technically support recurring events now, but I have it disabled. My worry is recurring events can crowd out workshops and other events in the calendar and become clutter and inaccurate if they’re not actively monitored. Facebook doesn’t offer recurring events. This may be something I re-enable in the future and I’m interested in your feedback.

The event plugin I’m using does not support RSVPs so I’m not sure if/when that will happen. I do agree interested, going, and ignore RSVP options like on Facebook would be great to have.

Opening up events for comments is an interesting idea. That might be possible if people want it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.