Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Garrett Dewey
    Participant

I’ve noticed within my own practice that sometimes I hit a wall of sorts. Not speaking directly for myself and the others around me but different factors can definitely play a roll in this. Maybe the people in your community aren’t at your skill level, maybe the classes being offered aren’t advanced enough either. Sometimes it’s hard to find people as dedicated as you are towards it. Personally, I find it very challenging to find a partner or two that I can build and grow with. Unfortunately all of these factors amongst others can make you feel as if you are not progressing as effectively as you’d like. What can we do different to become the Acro Yogis you and I desire? Maybe we can formulate Ideas amongst each other on how to establish stronger Acro communities, establish more efficient weekly training routines, create stronger connections between you and your Acro buddies, ways to train by yourself, how to get other people as excited as we all are, etc. I’m sure there is so much advice floating around out there and I’d love to hear it all! ♥

Brian Cruikshank
    Keymaster

Try to foster some community learning and get everyone to level up.

Sometimes in jams I will teach people a skill and I will have the experienced flyer fly with the inexperienced base and the inexperienced flyer fly with an experienced base (often me). This way everyone has a point of reference to what it should feel like with someone good and can give feedback rather two inexperienced people struggling and not know what is wrong.

If you do this a lot the whole community will benefit.

Luka Ruzic
    Participant

I’ve heard this called “transmission”. It’s the best!

Garrett Dewey
    Participant

Love it! Wonderful idea. As a matter a fact I remember what it felt like basing a very experienced flyer for my first time and it was awesome and helped me a lot.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.