Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

brian
    Participant

This idea primarily is intended for traveling teachers. We all know what is happening locally, but it can require time and effort to learn what is happening in other communities. Do you research? Talk to local teachers? Check in with communities? Use other resources? Or do you just post your event, regardless of anything else happening.

Jacob Brown
    Participant

I check facebook before posting an event. I think it is bad form to make a workshop at the same time as another one in the same town.

Kendra Charts
    Participant

Yes to all of these! And it depends (as in the case if you are offering a retreat in an exotic location but, are inviting students who already learn from you and have built a relationship with).

As a traveling teacher I believe building relationships with the local teachers and community leaders while adding value to the community is essential. We are a guest in the Acro communities we travel to. It’s important as traveling teachers to respect that those who have built a local Acro community have dedicated immense energy, resources, and love.

Here are some tips that have allowed my partner Francis and I to build strong relationships with local teachers and keeps us getting invited back again and again to teach:

1) Have a referral first. For example, take the time to see if you have mutual friends and ask your friend to introduce you to get the conversation started.

2) Have material to give or show. Share it with the local teachers/community leaders. Also, share it on the local Acro community Facebook page.

3) It’s good to plan ahead. If you need help for location and promoting your event it’s best to not wait until the last minute.

4) Do your research. Take the time to look at the local community page for class/workshop rates, what’s being offered and the types of things being shared and ask advice from the community. Also, do your research to make sure your event date won’t clash with local teachers.

5) Build relationships. Before your event host a local jam and take the time to play with the local teachers to see if you click. It’s also a good time to ask how you can help the local community and get a better understanding of their skill level.

6) Understand the actual needs of the community you will be teaching in. In my travels, every community is different in terms of where they are at and the instruction they need for their Acro practice. For example, if it’s a young community without a lot of experience it wouldn’t make sense to teach higher level things like standing H2H and vice versa.

James Ta-Dao
    Participant

I think it’s great idea to do a little research to find out what other events are going on in the same region at the same time. Also, try searching to make sure that the name you came up with isn’t already being used for something else.

Fannieagolo
    Participant

What a hysterical day that was…..and historical. Thanks so much for posting these. It s so good to have PJ back here in Hazzard County. It sure doesnt seem like 40 years whenever I put a DVD in and hit play. 

____
    [b][url=http://xrumersale.site/#]XEVIL[/url][/b]: [color=red]NEW[/color] the best program for solving any CAPTCHA, including Google ReCaptcha-2

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.